We are happy to have families attending New Staff Orientation! Cru values families and wants your family experience at NSO to be a blessing.
Note to parents who are both supported staff members: Because husbands and wives need to be working together as a team, the conference is designed for both. Both parents are expected to attend and participate. Also, the demands of working on Ministry Partner Development as parents can have unique challenges. To help you get the most out of this time, we strongly encourage you to bring a friend or family member to watch your child(ren) for any or all of the time. Families who have done so in the past have shared that they have had a much better experience.
New Staff Orientation can be a very time-intensive process. Be sure to give yourself grace, and know that we are here to serve you. If you would like to discuss the needs of your family or have any questions or concerns, please be sure to contact someone on the New Staff Orientation Team.
Here is some info that will help you manage expectations for your family while attending NSO:
- Is held at the Sutton Place Apartments on the Rollins College campus.
- Has a planned curriculum and is staffed by experienced workers who love the Lord and have had a background check.
- Is available during all daytime sessions.
- Hours vary from week to week.
- Lunch is not provided and we encourage parents to pack a lunch for their child.
- During IBS classes, we encourage moms to leave their children in childcare beyond the hours of their class (8am to 12:30pm). This is so they can have plenty of time to do homework and study for the classes. Dads will probably need 3-5 hours of homework/study time per night for their two classes.
- During MPD week, the sessions are long. It is likely that your child will be in childcare from 8:30 a.m. to somewhere in the 4 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. range.
- Childcare costs:
- $50/child non-refundable registration fee
- $800 for each child for the full 4 weeks
- $400 for each child for just New Staff Orientation
- If you wish to have a friend or family member watch your child(ren) for any or all of the time, please feel free to do so.
- Families will stay in Sutton Place Apartments on the Rollins College campus. More details about the apartment can be found on the Location page.