We are happy to have families attending New Staff Orientation! Cru values families and wants your family experience at NSO to be a blessing.
Note to parents who are both supported staff members: Because husbands and wives need to be working together as a team, the conference is designed for both. Both parents are expected to attend and participate. Also, the demands of working on Ministry Partner Development as parents can have unique challenges. To help you get the most out of this time, we strongly encourage you to bring a friend or family member to watch your child(ren) for any or all of the time. Families who have done so in the past have shared that they have had a much better experience.
New Staff Orientation can be a very time-intensive process. Be sure to give yourself grace, and know that we are here to serve you. If you would like to discuss the needs of your family or have any questions or concerns, please contact your Applicant Liaison.
Here is some info that will help you manage expectations for your family while attending NSO:
- Will be in a suite at the El Caribe that has a separate sleeping room from the activity room. The suite is on the second floor and is very close and convenient to our main meeting room.
- Has a planned curriculum and is staffed by experienced workers who love the Lord and have had a background check.
- Is available during all daytime sessions. During MPD week, the sessions are long. It is likely that your child will be in childcare from 8:45 a.m. to somewhere in the 4 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. range.
- Snacks are provided for your children. Lunches are not. Children will need to be picked up during the lunch time slot and eat with their families.
- Childcare costs:
- $50/child non-refundable registration fee
- $500 for each child for IBS
- $400 for each child for NSO
- Families will stay at the El Caribe and can choose to have two adjoining rooms, if needed. Prices and details about housing can be found on the New Staff Orientation website.